Thursday, October 8, 2009

Frog Farming

This clever little concept was not one that I came up with; however, when I first heard it I laughed out loud because I knew exactly what it meant. "Frog Farming" is a term used when girls date a frog who is not yet a prince, but hoping to "farm" him into becoming one.

I've been through it, as many of us have, but we don't understand until after we've left the farm, so to speak. A friend of mine is currently in frog-farming mode--hoping that with enough patience, guidance, and "reminders" that he will emerge out of his tadpole ways and claim his crown as prince, thus making her his princess.

We girls are not meant to be "farmers." First of all, we are anatomically incapable of turning a frog into a prince because we are not men. Being a man is learned best by another man. Let me put it this way: Would you want your dad teaching you the latest techniques in makeup application?

Secondly, even if you manage to farm with some result, farmers are ALWAYS attempting to reap a perfect harvest. The last time I checked, the ONLY perfect man to ever walk the earth was Jesus Christ. So while one farmer may see some results, sadly, you will never find perfection--in either a frog OR a prince.

So we choose to let go of the farming, but wait! Suddenly (overnight, really) that frog becomes a prince--with another girl! Another girl is reaping what you have sown? He was not your frog, he was someone else's frog prince. The sad irony is that he never would have NEVER a prince as long as you stayed with him, growing him up along the way.

Guys don't like to be "farmed." It works better when they're grown organically.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, when I used the term "frog-farmer," I meant the opposite. Girls taking princes and turning them into frogs because we don't understand them (men), and how to appropriately communicate with them. I actually believe that all healthy men are princes, not frogs, but that sometimes, we as women, can turn them into a frog. I am not an expert in this, but visit www.understandmen.com for more details. The information I learned from these workshops changed my life and my relationship with the man who is now my husband.

    ReplyDelete