Friday, September 18, 2009

The Blow Off

This is Part Deux of the Texting Houdini.

Chuck was his name and we met for dinner that night. It was nice, but unfortunately there was no connection, which leads me to "The Blow-Off."

This is ALWAYS an awkward situation for a girl. You meet a guy, you go out, but there is no chemistry, or in my case oftentimes, no shared values. Chuck was a great guy, but spiritually not what I wanted in a man.

One of my favorite movies is "He's Just Not That Into You." I love that line where Justin Long's character says something along the lines of "I know what a blow-off looks like, I do it fast, I do it often." Herein lies the key: Do it fast. If you know that there is nothing with the guy, let him know so that he can meet the right person. If I could add anything, I would say "I just do it gently."

Usually a next day emailed response says something like this: "Thank you so much for dinner. I had a great time. (Always good to be appreciative of them buying you dinner.) I just did not feel a romantic connection." NEVER say I did not feel a physical connection i.e. this tells a guy that he is ugly and guys are sensitive too. Would you want to hear that? I am sorry, but you're too fat??? "I wish you the best in meeting the right person." Isn't this was it's all about? If he is not the right guy for you, then he is the right guy for the right girl--just don't damage him in the process and turn him off from dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment